There are many ways to become a Secret Boutique supporter.
Make a Financial Contribution
Monetary donations are the best way of helping our students, as we can use your contributions to buy new clothes or shoes, personal care products, or for more mundane but absolutely essential things like clothes hangers, shopping bags, and office/administrative costs.
Mail your check (with “Secret Boutique” in the memo field) to:
c/o Basic United Methodist Church
PO Box 2447
Waynesboro VA 22980
Details to be posted soon
Details to be posted soon
Sponsor a Student
Our students don’t just need clothes or hair cuts. They need support and positive reinforcement. You can help provide this by becoming a student sponsor. Our sponsors receive quarterly updates on their student (identified by first name only to protect privacy) and his or her clothing needs and special requests. We encourage sponsors to send birthday cards and notes of encouragement to their student, and to daily pray for their student. Sponsorships start at $10/month.
Host a Clothing Drive
Individuals, groups, and businesses regularly host clothing drives to help stock Secret Boutique. This is a great project for school groups, civic clubs, churches, and even groups of neighbors. For implementation ideas, more information, and publicity materials, email us at: email@example.com
Donate Your Family’s Gently-Used Clothing
You can also donate your family’s clothing. We accept clothing donations that meet the following standards:
- Brand new or gently used (freshly laundered please).
- Clothing or accessory suited for a current teenager.
- No stains or holes in the clothing.
- Must be “in style”
- (No adult clothing, please)
Clothing donations should be dropped off at or mailed to:
- Basic United Methodist Church, 489 N. Winchester Ave., Waynesboro VA 22980 (Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment BEFORE dropping off donations.)
- Jenelle Watson, 77 Hamshire Way, Fishersville VA 22939 (Please leave donations in plastic trash bags on the front porch.)
What we need:
- Girls Jeans and Pants (youth sizes 12 and up, ladies sizes 00 and up — All lengths)
- Boys Jeans and Pants (youth sizes 12 and up and men’s 28 and higher – All lengths)
- Girls & Boys Shoes, Boots, and Sandals (all sizes)
- Girls & Boys Belts
- Socks (all sizes, new only)
- Girls & Boys Underwear (all sizes, new only)
- Skirts and Dresses
- Plus Size clothing
- Coats and Jackets
- Baseball Caps
- Swimsuits (new only)
*Please note that we take clothes that will fit students ages 12 to 22; most youth clothing is too small for our needs.
Secret Boutique would not be possible without our volunteers. There are a number of ways you can become involved, even if you don’t live near one of our boutiques:
- Make “Love Notes” to be stuffed in pants pockets and shoes, attached to shirts and sweaters, and included in shopping bags.
- Knit hats, scarves, and gloves to be given to students or sold at one of our fundraising events.
- Use your talents to craft an item to be sold at one of our fundraising events.
- Become a Prayer Partner by praying daily for one or more of our students.
- Fashion, Health, and Beauty Professionals may submit columns to be considered for inclusion on our blog.
If you live in the Waynesboro, VA area:
- Help sort clothing and prepare it for display and sale.
- *Greet students at Boutique Shopping Events, help them select clothing.
- Volunteer to help with office duties, such as maintaining our database and mailing list.
- Professional stylists and aestheticians: *Volunteer to offer your services at a Boutique special event.Offer your expertise by contributing to our Fashion, Health, and Beauty blog.
- Fashion Experts: *Assist students as they select items and build their wardrobes. Offer your expertise by contributing to our Fashion, Health, and Beauty blog.
- Visual Merchandisers: Help us set up the boutique and keep it looking fresh.
- Dieticians: *Host a workshop on healthy eating, shopping for healthy food on a budget, food preparation, etc. Offer your expertise by contributing to our Fashion, Health, and Beauty blog.
- Fitness Professionals: *Lead a fitness class. Offer your expertise by contributing to our Fashion, Health, and Beauty blog.
*Background checks will be required for all volunteers working directly with students.
Interested in joining us? Email email@example.com